How to Fix Valorant Error VAN 84
July 14, 2021
Valorant Error Code VAN 84 is currently not listed on the official Valorant error code list. Analyzing the situation, the Valorant error code VAN 84 appears when there are server connectivity problems in the game. The Error Code: VAN 84 entails a message — “VALORANT has encountered a connection error. Please relaunch the client to reconnect.” Under the CONNECTION ERROR notice is the “QUIT” button.
There may be a patch being rolled out by Riot or that the servers are offline for scheduled maintenance. On the other hand, there are unplanned server outages due to several technical difficulties.
In a rare case scenario, the cause of Valorant Error Code VAN 84 may be the internet itself. In the Philippines, telcos like PLDT, Globe, and Converge that offer fiber-optic internet service usually encounter slow or intermittent services due to a damaged undersea cable or submarine cable. This internet problem causes connectivity difficulties in the game, leading to the error code 84 that most players experienced.
How to Fix Valorant Error Code VAN 84?
Solution 1: Wait patiently
The best solution to fix Valorant Error Code VAN 84 is to wait patiently. As mentioned earlier, the main reason for the error is due to server outages. To verify the server status of Valorant, you can go to its Riot Games Service Status website or official Twitter account (@PlayVALORANT). Monitoring these pages will help you to know if Valorant is down.
If Valorant has no scheduled maintenance, the problem is with your Internet Service Provider. Always check your ISP social media pages to receive updates on their network status.
Solution 2: Restart your router and computer
If you think that your internet connection is at fault, a simple reboot of the router (internet modem) and computer might help you solve the error.
Solution 3: Auto-start the vgc service
If you’re eager to play the game immediately, this simple fix might come in handy.
Some players are able to fix Valorant error code 84 by allowing the vgc service to run automatically at Windows startup. Follow the steps below:
1. Press the “Windows” button, search the “Services” app and open it.
2. Find the “vgc” service and open it.
3. Under the “General” tab, click on the Startup type dropdown menu and select “Automatic.”
4. Click Apply, then click the “Start” button and wait for the Service Status to display “Running.”
5. After that, you must run Valorant with Administrator rights. Right-click on the VALORANT icon and select “Properties.” Under the “Compatibility” tab, check “Run this program as an administrator,” then click Appy to save changes.
6. You can now relaunch the game and log in to your account.