Learn How To Master Raze in Riot’s FPS With These Tips.
April 6, 2021
The first thing Raze was equipped with the most powerful explosives in the game, it made a name for itself early in this beta as one of the strongest factors. In fact, it’s so powerful that it’s imperative that you learn to play it if you want to get better in the game. Here are some top tips on the best way to use Raze:
know her abilities:
Ability 01 : Boom Bot
- Boom Bot is a Basic Ability for Raze.
- Equip a Boom Bot to deploy and search enemies, bouncing off walls to find them. If an enemy is spotted in their frontal cone, it will chase them down at a rapid speed and explode, dealing heavy damage.
- Equip a Boom Bot. Fire will deploy the bot, causing it to travel in a straight line on the ground, bouncing off walls. The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them.
|Equip Speed||1.1 seconds|
|Time to Deploy||1.1 seconds|
|Max Damage||130 Damage|
|Stow Speed (After Usage)||
- There’s a danger of revealing your own location if your robot doesn’t manage to find any enemies so make sure you use these wisely. The Boom Bot costs 200 credits per pop, so it’s an investment – there’s no need to drop them around every corner!
Ability 02 : Blast Pack
- Blast Pack is a Basic Ability for Raze.
- Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-us the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit. Raze isn’t damaged by this ability, but will still take fall damage if launched up far enough.
- Throw a Blast Pack which Raze can use to boost herself and deal damage to enemies after a brief delay. The Blast Pack can be detonated early with the ability key. The Blast Pack also can be used to knockback allies and enemies.Deals 15 initial damage with a 0.2 meter inner radius, falling off to 5 minimum damage at 1 meter. Once the satchel lands, it arms after 0.5 seconds, increasing it’s max damage to 50. Shooting the blast pack causes it to detonate, dealing its current damage amount.
|Max Damage Windup
(Time required for the Blast Pack to unlock Max Damage after throwing,
otherwise detonating too early will only deal a maximum of 15 Damage.)
|Max Damage||65 Damage|
(Can be detonated early with ability key)
- While you can use these as to press and rush, you can also save the Blast Packs as a defensive tool. Detonate them in the opposite direction of a gun fight to quickly dash out of any sticky situations.
Signature ability: Paint Shells
- Paint Shells is a Signature Ability for Raze.
- Equip and throw a cluster grenade that explodes shortly after detonation, spawning in clusters that both deal significant damage.
- Equip a cluster grenade. Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in their range.
|Equip Speed||0.6 seconds|
|Detonation Time||2 seconds|
|Explosion Range (Sphere)||6 meters|
|Initial Explosion Damage||[Enemy] 15 – 55 Damage
[Ally] 5 – 18 Damage
|Cluster Detonation Time||0.6 seconds
|Max Cluster Damage||[Enemy] 56.25 Damage
[Ally] 18 Damage
|Max Damage||[Enemy] 275 Damage
[Ally] 90 Damage
|Stow Speed (After Usage)||0.75 seconds|
- Showstopper is the Ultimate Ability of Raze.
- Equip a rocket launcher. Fire shoots a rocket that does massive area damage on contact with anything.
- Firing Showstopper pushes Raze back between 4 and 5 meters. Once activated, the player has 10 seconds to fire the rocket.
- Raze jolts backwards right after the rocket launches so you can use it to get back into a more defensive position if you’re too exposed.